Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program
VRRAP offers education and training for high-demand jobs to Veterans who are unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Horizons’ 18-Week IT Certification Training Program (NSPP) was designed to prepare people for new careers in the tech industry. NSPP has been approved as a VA Educational Benefits program for the purpose of preparing veterans to launch new careers in IT.
To be eligible for this program, you must meet all the requirements listed here.
All of the below must be true. You’re:
- At least 22 years old, but not older than 66, and
- Unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and
- Not rated as totally disabled because you can’t work, and
- Not enrolled in a federal or state jobs program
*You can’t receive VRRAP benefits at the same time as you’re receiving unemployment benefits (including CARES Act benefits).
*At the time you apply for VRRAP, you can’t be eligible for any of these other benefits:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA)
- Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
*You can get VRRAP benefits if you were at one time eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® but you’ve transferred all your benefits to family members.
Types of Education & Training Programs Covered
VRRAP covers education and training programs approved under the GI Bill and Veteran Employment Through Technology Education Courses (VET TEC) that lead to high-demand jobs. These include associate degrees, non-college degrees, and certificate programs.
If you’re eligible for VRRAP, you can receive:
- Up to 12 months of tuition and fees
- A monthly housing allowance based on Post-9/11 GI Bill rates
More information about VRRAP
How long will this program be available?
VRRAP will be available until December 11, 2022. Payments will stop on this date—or when we reach either the $386 million funding limit or the 17,250-participant limit.
Learn more about New Horizons’ 18-Week IT certification training program (NSPP) and if you may qualify for VRRAP.
For more info on VRRAP, please visit https://www.va.gov/education/other-va-education-benefits/veteran-rapid-retraining-assistance/