ScholarshiP Opportunity FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
AWS CERTIFIED CLOUD PRACTITIONER TRAINING
New Horizons South Florida is proud to support pathways to technology careers through our Annual New Horizons’ High School Scholarship Program. This virtual program is designed for high school seniors who are interested in developing skills in technology from AWS certified instructors.
This course is for individuals who seek an overall understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud, independent of specific technical roles. You will learn about AWS Cloud concepts, AWS services, security, architecture, pricing, and support to build your AWS Cloud knowledge. This course also helps you prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam
Our virtual program will be held:
Monday – Friday, June 13-17 – 9:00 AM-3:00 PM ET*
This program includes:
- 1-week virtual boot camp.
- AWS Cloud training.
- Upon course completion, students earn a certification exam voucher.
By attending this 1-week AWS training, you can expect to cover the following:
- Summarize the working definition of AWS.
- Differentiate between on-premises, hybrid-cloud, and all-in cloud.
- Describe the basic global infrastructure of the AWS Cloud.
- Explain the six benefits of the AWS Cloud.
- Describe and provide an example of the core AWS services, including network, databases, and storage.
- Identify an appropriate solution using AWS Cloud services with various use cases.
- Describe the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Explain the shared responsibility model.
- Describe the core security services within the AWS Cloud.
- Describe the basics of AWS Cloud migration.
- Articulate the financial benefits of the AWS Cloud for an organization’s cost management.
- Define the core billing, account management, and pricing models.
- Explain how to use pricing tools to make cost-effective choices for AWS services.
- Must be a high school senior currently attending a Palm Beach, Broward, or Miami-Dade county school.
- Must have a laptop and access to an internet connection.
- Some computer experience is preferred.
Space is limited. Qualified applicants will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Application Deadline: June 3, 2022
*Time subject to change